Join the celebration of surf culture by making your very own short surf film. It can be a documentary, experimental, animation, drama, or whatever you like. Shoot it on any format: from cell phone to IMAX. They will select a full program of the best films submitted for a world premiere and then present one short film per month over the following year on their website. Prizes to the audience favorite and jury favorite. Show your friends and family what your passion is all about!
Deadline: Completed films in by 5 p.m., Sept. 3.
Screening Date: Selected films will premiere Oct. 1.
Location: Park Lane on Spring Garden Road, Halifax
Guidelines and Regulations:
- a completed and signed application form for each entry – type or print legibly
- filmmaker must be a Canadian resident or landed immigrant
- no age limit but if you are under 18 years of age you will need a parent or guardian to also sign the application form and join the indemnification (be legally responsible)
- films must be 10 minutes or less running time (including all credits)
- entry fee is $10 per film submitted
- films must be suitable for screening to a PG audience
- include the title of the film, a two sentence synopsis, a production still and a two sentence bio of yourself
- entries must be submitted in a DVD format (Quicktime, mov or playable movie)
- films must not have been previously released (on Internet, TV, or at festivals)
- filmmakers agree to indemnify CSFF, its partners, sponsors, and affiliates harmless from and against any liability that may arise from presenting the film
- filmmakers must have proper releases of persons, places, music and products featured in the film
There is also a Facebook group where you can find other relevant information.
The CSFF is also seeking volunteers for the event. Anyone looking to help out please email: with VOLUNTEER in the subject line to email@example.com